|· MachLink®’s Email and File
|· Check Email Anywhere||· MachLink® Mail Server
|· Passwords||· Visual Setup Guides|
Most Internet Service Providers limit email messages to small file sizes and offer only a small amount of storage space for email and personal web files. Not at MachLink®! Check out the benefits of our email service:
MAIL STORAGE - 2GB
PERSONAL WEB SPACE - 50MB
MAXIMUM EMAIL MESSAGE SIZE - 20MB
You can Check Mail Anywhere with MachLink®'s web-based email service! To begin, click on the following link:
Check Mail Anywhere
Many Muscatine Power & Water (MP&W) customers use the Check Mail Anywhere (CMA) website to check their email. It is especially handy for customers who want to check email remotely - such as those who travel.
Check Mail Anywhere - Basic Customizing
For people that like to customize their software, the Check Mail Anywhere (CMA) website offers several settings that make this easy.
When the CMA website is initially logged into, it comes with default display.
For those interested in changing the display, there are other options available. To reach these different backgrounds, click on OPTIONS on the top toolbar. In the Options window, select DISPLAY PREFERENCES and select the approriate changes you would like to make.
After making a selection, click on the "SUBMIT" button at the bottom of the page. After doing this, it may be necessary to refresh your web browser.
B. Other Options Available
Other options that can be changed in the Options area of the CMA website include:
- Address Groups
- Folder Preferences
- NewMail Options
- Personal Information
- Message Highlighting
- Index Order
- Translation Options
As a computer user with Internet access, the most important thing you can do to protect yourself and the security of your personal data is to protect your computer usernames and passwords. Computer passwords should never be shared with anyone. Whereas a credit card can be cancelled in the case of fraudulent use, and your loss is typically limited to $50, there is no such guarantee or ability to limit the use of a stolen password.
Change your password regularly and immediately if you suspect it may
have been stolen.
In order to protect your password, you should change it frequently. As a general rule, you should change your password at least every six months, and immediately whenever you suspect the security of your password has been breached.
If you suspect your password has been compromised, please contact the MachLink® HelpDesk to verify your email/password does not have unauthorized activity.
MachLink® email Password Requirements
- MachLink® passwords must be at least 6 characters long.
- Short passwords are easily hacked. MachLink®requires that user passwords be at least six characters long.
Additonal Password Tips
- Never share your passwords.
- Never use obvious words such as a child’s name or the street you live on in your passwords.
- Change your passwords at least twice a year.
- When making a new password, make them extra secure by having them be least 8 characters long and include at least 1 special character such as any of the following; !@#$%^&*()
- Don’t use the same password for everything. Use a spreadsheet or text file on your computer to keep track of all of your usernames and passwords and then keep that file secure. Pencil and paper is a perfectly fine solution as long as you keep the paper away from prying eyes as well.
- Never use simple ascending strings such as “123456” or “abcdefg” as your password. Recent studies have shown that a large number of hacked web accounts were using such passwords.
How do I change my password?
Changing your password is simple with MachLink®'s Mailbox Manager tool. To change your password, you will need to know your current password. If you have lost or forgotten your password, you will need to have it reset by the MachLink® HelpDesk. Call (563) 263-2631 to receive your password information.
If you do know your current password, follow these simple steps:
- Access the Internet and open your browser and go to http://mailmanager.machlink.com.
- Log in using your regular MachLink® or Muscanet username and password.
- Under CHOOSE AN ACTIVITY, select CHANGE MY PASSWORD .
- Select a new password and enter it in the NEW PASSWORD
box. Confirm the password by retyping it in the CONFIRM
- Your new password is now enabled.
For greatest account security, it's a good idea to change your password on a regular basis - try to get into the habit of changing your password once each season. Never use the same password for longer than six months.
Longer passwords (at least 8 characters) and those that use a combination of letters and at least two numbers are most secure.
If you ever forget your password, call the Muscatine Power and Water HelpDesk
at (563) 263-2631 and we'll be happy to reset it for you. MachLink® does not keep
record of your current email address(s).
Make sure that the Email Settings are as follows:
- INCOMING (IMAP) SERVER: mra.machlink.com
- OUTGOING (SMTP) SERVER: mail.machlink.com
- ACCOUNT NAME: username (be sure that the account name does not have @machlink at the end)
- PASSWORD: <email password assigned>
- Outgoing Mail Server Requires Authentication
|MachLink® Email Visual Setup Guides|
Windows Live Mail Setup
Microsoft Outlook 2010 Setup