Welcome to MachLink® Fiber Communications!
We’re building a 100% fiber-optic network for you!
MP&W is taking communications into the future and we want to keep you in the loop. Soon, our hometown will be among the elite cites with Gigabit connectivity to every address! We'll keep the most important fiber-related information here so you can keep up-to-date.
As part of our fiber transition, active MachLink business and residential customers will be converted to our Fiber network.
First, determine if FIBER or LEGACY is an option for you
Fiber Installation and Construction Map
Interact with our map below to see where we're at in converting homes and businesses to Fiber. This will help you determine if fiber or legacy (digital) services are available to you today. The map is updated every Monday with the latest progress information. Please note that build-orders may be subject to change throughout this project.
Installation Map: click in the "Search by address" box to enter your street address and see the status of your home or business in the installation process. Alternatively, you can click on any sections of the map, then click on "Zoom to" and scroll up or down or drag and drop the map to the right or left to center it to the position you'd like to view in detail.
Please take note:
- GREEN shaded areas mean fiber installations are complete. (YAY!!)
- YELLOW shaded areas mean services are currently being converted to fiber and fiber installations are in progress.
- BLUE shaded areas mean this area is next up for installations.
December 1, 2019 Construction Update:
- Work continues toward the achievement of Milestone #2. Referencing the map below, the goal for Milestone #2 is all Communications customers in the Service Areas shaded Yellow (Installing Now), Blue (Installing Next), and NORTH-025, NORTH-026, and NORTH-027 will be ready for fiber installation over the winter. In November, we continued to get remaining addresses in the Yellow areas fiber ready to be able to turn those areas to Green (Completed). NORTH-020 was opened for installations mid-November and NORTH-007 was opened for installations the first week of December. We anticipate NORTH-018 opening for installations in January.
November 1, 2019 Construction Update:
- The target date for Milestone #2, the unofficial end of the construction season, is November 29, 2019 (pending some expected weather-related extensions). Referencing the map below, the goal for Milestone #2 is all premises in the Service Areas shaded Yellow (Installing Now), Blue (Installing Next), and NORTH-018, NORTH-025, NORTH-026, and NORTH-027 will be ready for fiber installation by the target date. Installation of fiber services for these premises will be completed over the winter.
See our most RECENT fiber project update and what goes in to bringing fiber to your home!
Want Service Now?
If the area of the map you've selected is highlighted in white, fiber installations have not currently started and you can select our Legacy (digital) services if you don't currently have service. All customers with Legacy (digital) services will later be transitioned to fiber.
All areas where fiber will be installed are either under construction or have completed construction. Please refer to the Installation Map above to see how close your neighborhood is to being converted to fiber.