Welcome to MachLink® Fiber Communications!
We’re building a 100% fiber-optic network for you!
MP&W is taking communications into the future and we want to keep you in the loop. Soon, our hometown will be among the elite cites with Gigabit connectivity to every address! We'll keep the most important fiber-related information here so you can keep up-to-date.
As part of our fiber transition, active MachLink business and residential customers will be converted to our Fiber network.
First, determine if FIBER or LEGACY is an option for you
Fiber Installation and Construction Map
Interact with our map below to see where we're at in converting homes and businesses to Fiber. This will help you determine if fiber or legacy (digital) services are available to you today. The map is updated every Monday with the latest progress information. Please note that build-orders may be subject to change throughout this project.
Installation Map: click in the "Search by address" box to enter your street address and see the status of your home or business in the installation process. Alternatively, you can click on any sections of the map, then click on "Zoom to" and scroll up or down or drag and drop the map to the right or left to center it to the position you'd like to view in detail.
Please take note:
- GREEN shaded areas mean fiber installations are complete. (YAY!!)
- YELLOW shaded areas mean services are currently being converted to fiber and fiber installations are in progress.
- BLUE shaded areas mean this area is next up for installations.
April 1, 2020 Construction Update:
- Due to COVID-19 conditions, fiber installs were suspended March 18. Appointments previously scheduled were cancelled. When conditions warrant, fiber installs will be resumed. Customers will be contacted in “installation order” to schedule their installs when installs resume. Remaining addresses in yellow shaded Service Areas will be contacted first, followed by blue shaded Service Areas, etc.
- Minor adjustments to the installation order have been completed and revised “installation order” now shows for Service Areas.
- Outside construction crews returned to Muscatine in force March 16, but were released March 19 due to COVID-19. We are working with AEG on a remobilization plan for outside and field construction.
- Delays caused by COVID-19 will extend the project completion date, unfortunately.
- As of March 31, over 6,700 customers have been converted to Fiber (64%).
February 1, 2020 Construction Update:
Winter planning is underway. MPW & AEG crews are walking down remaining Service Areas to verify and update construction needs to complete this Project in 2020. Installs have been fully completed in four more Service Areas (shaded Green - Completed), and remaining addresses in Service Areas shaded Yellow (Installing Now) continue. NORTH-018 opened for installs in mid-January and NORTH-025 will open for installs in early February. Splicing and testing activities have been completed for NORTH-026 and NORTH-027, and are underway in NORTH-019. Additionally, due to previously completed construction work in areas with primarily overhead drops to the homes, splicing and testing activities are also underway in SOUTH-012, SOUTH-007 and SOUTH-005.
An update to the final installation order will be completed and communicated in the March 1 update. The goal is to keep addresses being turned over to MPW so that fiber installs can continue (and slightly increase) throughout winter until Spring construction season opens up to complete remaining underground work. Over 6,000 customers have been converted to fiber (56%).
See our most RECENT fiber project update and what goes in to bringing fiber to your home!
Want Service Now?
If the area of the map you've selected is highlighted in white, fiber installations have not currently started and you can select our Legacy (digital) services if you don't currently have service. All customers with Legacy (digital) services will later be transitioned to fiber.
All areas where fiber will be installed are either under construction or have completed construction. Please refer to the Installation Map above to see how close your neighborhood is to being converted to fiber.